Monday, September 12, 2011

A Good Start

This semester has begun well. I am constantly amazed at how much fun student teaching is, even though I am exhausted at the end of each and every day with the students. I love working with Kelli. We make a good team. She is very easy to work with, flexible, understanding and great at helping me see aspects of my teaching that I forget about or don't realize. It's always fun to work with the students, as we learn more about them each day. I am so blessed and grateful to be at Matheson Park and working with such a great master teacher. We have fun and we are both learning a lot from working together and with this group of students.

My online class is proving to be a bit of a time consuming adventure but it's better than going down to UNM each week to sit through two and a half hours of class. I am still getting into the routine of reading, adding to online discussions and taking the quizzes. Today I started on the first paper for the course, which will be each, just have to get moving on it.

Today is Dad's birthday. We had a low key family dinner last night to celebrate. Mike and I found a fishing pole lighter for his birthday while we were in Ft. Collins for Labor Day weekend...he was rather excited. It was a perfect match and a great idea.

Mike and I spent Labor Day weekend with his sister, her boyfriend, their mom, half brother, sister-in-law and nephew in Ft. Collins. It was quite nice to get out of Albuquerque for a few days and see Mike's family, since we didn't make it up for his birthday. We got to spend a lot of time going to places Mike grew up visiting, which allowed me to fall more in love with visiting Colorado. It really is a pretty place, I just don't think I could survive the cold winters. Who knows. For now I plan to stay in Albuquerque.

Nothing much else is happening. I am already managing to find some Christmas presents for family and am thinking about what I need to make from the crafty realm before the end of this semester. Always something to do besides school. :) It keeps me out of trouble!

I also got my first 'big girl bed' this past weekend. Mom and Dad bought me a queen bed to replace my day bed that we have had in the family since before I was born. The bed is a cherry wood color like my Target furniture set, has draws in the foot board and a little bench at the bottom to tie shoes or sit on. Mom also decided we should get a dresser so I will have a dresser for the first time in at least 8 years. In order to fit the bigger bed in my room, I had to do a lot of rearranging but it was/will be worth it. I am excited for the new furniture but must wait for two weeks for it to come. We picked up the new mattress yesterday and I slept quite well with it on the floor in my room. Quite the graduation gift. :)

That's all for now...
Love
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment