Friday night Mike and I went to the La Cueva vs. Sandia football game. It was a decent game, La Cueva won by a long shot and the band did well at pre-game. The game brought back many memories of high school and how much I loved being part of the the Big Bad Bear Band. Congrats to LCHS for 5th place at Tournament of Bands this past Saturday! Great news!
Then the fun continued with the House of Heroes and Classic Crime concert on Saturday night...then the weekend ended with a fantastic trip to the Jemez mountains. Mike and I left town at about 8:30am to start an adventure of hiking and fun in Jemez Springs. We got to Battleship rock at about 11am. We first walked to the waterfall (after I got really confused about finding the start of the trail), then came back to the picnic grounds to the east fork trail. I had never gone on the trail and didn't expect it to be so steep but it was fun...the trail takes you to the ridge that is known at Battleship Rock. We weaved our way to the edge of the rock and then used the 'rock stairway' that Dad used to take us on to get back to the grounds once again. It was about three hours of hiking but tons of fun. Then there was a picnic lunch of quesadillas, easy mac and oatmeal pies. After packing up the bus, Mike and I went to Soda Dam where we saw a wedding photo shoot taking place in the river (brr) and wandered around. Before heading home we went to the Laughing Lizard Cafe for a sweet treat. It was a fabulous day and a great last chance for hiking before winter sets in. Pictures will come soon...camera died at Soda Dam so I haven't been able to load them to the computer yet.
Life is good. God has blessed me with many wonderful people. School is going well, still amazed at how little work I have this semester and all is well. May you all have a wonderful week and happy end of October!
Sounds like fun! I saw Mike's pics on FB. It's been ages since I went to the Jemez...lots of great memories of the places you wrote about!
ReplyDelete