Well the Balloon Fiesta is half over...already...with that brings fun morning rides to school with the beautiful balloons in the sky, colder weather and the smells of fall, my birthday and lots of fun with marching band competitions.
Last Saturday was Pageant of Bands. I got to see AHS, Sandia and La Cueva among others. It was a very early competition and was a great start to the season. I look forward to seeing everyone at Zia to see the improvement. Then to start the week with true fun, Katie, Mike, the L.I.G.H.T. small group and I got up at 3am to head to the Balloon Fiesta for the second day of liftoff. It was a lovely morning with great balloon weather, we weren't freezing as I have been in many years before but it was a good flying day. The box in the sky worked well so many of the balloons just went around the field. Then the day continued with a trip to the Greek Festival. Great food, cute kids dancing and lots of laughter. Great Sunday! Monday was filled with catching up from a few unfinished projects from the previous week, having a great time at lunch then the first of many birthday celebrations. Jerusha made homemade wantons and egg rolls for me. The boys were sweet by picking out roses for me and they made me two shirts. Dinner was AMAZING! I am so blessed by being friends with Jerusha and those boys. They always make me smile and remind me of my purpose, to love others like Christ. Thanks Jerusha! Tuesday was school and teaching with a little work at Popejoy thrown in. Plus I got to hang out with one of my favorite people. I love how God is working in my life right now. It's really awesome to be so joyful and content in all that I have going on. Today was class as usual then here I sit in the music office before heading to Chaos. I am loving working with the middle school youth group and getting to know other young adults in the group. It's a blessing.
Tomorrow is my birthday. I have a surprise evening being planned and cannot wait to see what is in store for my celebration. I am so thankful for the people in my life. Friends and family are amazing and I could not be successful in all that I do without that support system. Thank you everyone for always being there for me.
Well more about the birthday fun at a later date. Happy Wednesday and happy fall!
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment