Well...lately there has been no time for blogging. I have been super busy with school. As the semester winds down, everyone wants papers, projects, presentations or tests of some kind. I have done more presentations this semester than I ever remember in my college years. I have also spent more time on my computer than most semesters...typing has become the only way to do homework and I spend a lot of time looking at this computer screen. Maybe this is why I have not posted anything lately...too much time already on the computer. I am excited for the end of this semester, mostly because I am tired of my current school work and am excited about a new set of school assignments...strange, yes I know. This semester has been full of school, some work in the music office and Keller Hall, grading for the Beatles history course, substituting, student teaching in first grade and general music; having friends have babies, loose family members, choose new school paths and the building of better and closer friendships. It's amazing what can happen in only four months and how it can bring people together to get through the difficult and crazy times.
This semester at UNM officially ends for me on May 10th. I will spend some time working in general music with my master teacher til the end of the APS semester, on May 31st. She is having me help with the end of year music programs, but I will also be substituting where I can until the end of the year as well. It will be busy.
As of today, I will be taking 13 credits of summer school. Nine of these credits are for a six week summer institute for the teaching second language learners endorsement that I will finish by spring of 2012, the other four are for Spanish at CNM. Today I got everything organized and paid for to take the Spanish course. This class begins on May 23rd and meets two days a week for 12 weeks, which means, I won't really have a summer break from school. I am fine with this because I am super excited to take Spanish because I really want to work on my Spanish, so I can better communicate with my Spanish speaking friends in New Mexico and El Salvador. I know that just taking a class won't make me proficient but I hope to attend some bilingual services again this summer and practice with friends when I can. The summer institute will be fun as well because we get to work with students who are learning English as their second language. It will be a busy summer but well worth all the time. So excited!
In between all this summer school...
I hope to swim as much as possible. Ride my bike more. Catch up with friends that I haven't been able to hang out with during the semester. Spend time cleaning and weeding out my bedroom because I have too much junk. Read some books for fun, that I won't have time for while student teaching. Knit some blankets, hats, maybe scarves and possibly learn a new pattern or finish the purse I started for myself two years ago. I would like to spend a few days hiking in the Jemez, camping or hiking around places that are close by. I will also be celebrating some birthdays and graduations in the next few months, which will keep me super busy. There are always many things I would like to do and never enough time to do all of them. We shall see what the summer brings.
Dad and Amy leave for Uganda on Thursday. I am excited for them to go together but still wish I were going...someday soon, I hope. In the meantime, I hope to do some local mission work. Mike and I would like to serve meals at local homeless shelters and/or work at Smith Lake again sometime during the summer. Sagebrush will have some opportunities that will work with the summer school schedule and we will hopefully get to do some missionary work together again. We had such a blast at Smith Lake in October and just need to find another outreach event over the summer.
As usual...super busy and generally enjoying it. Some days I am so worn out that I wonder how I make it out of bed, but other days I am just so excited to see where the road of life will turn next. I look forward to graduating from UNM in December, although I will still need to finish one last class for the TESOL endorsement, but still, I will be walking the graduation line with my friends in the Elementary Education program. I look forward to seeing how many things play out in the coming months. Life is definitely never dull.
May the Lord bless you and your families this month. Enjoy the warmer weather, if you are getting any...Albuquerque has had snow the past two days, nothing much but still, snow. May you remember that God has a purpose for everything you do in this life and you must work toward the dreams that He instills in your heart. Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment