So in my time off between the ESL summer institute and starting my last semester at UNM, I have been spending many hours being crafty. I have a table set up for beading, painting on canvas bags in the kitchen and knitting ready to grab and take anywhere I may go. It's a fun way to spend some time at the end of a crazy summer, that will help me stay ahead for preparation for the fall craft shows and for birthday, graduation and Christmas gifts. It's kinda exciting.
The canvas bags are the biggest project at the moment. I decided that after making my friend a diaper bag for her twin boys, that I would make teacher bags for six of my school friends for graduation gifts. The bags are coming along well and are super cute. I am using fabric paint, foam stamps and hand prints to make cute teacher bags that will last for many years. It will also be a fun way to end the undergraduate college years with my school buddies whom I have had every class with for three semesters and some for even longer. When I get the bags done I will have to put up some pictures.
Other than being crafty, not much is going on. Last weekend I went with Mike and Mike G. to Flagstaff for a KOA VW campout. It was quite fun to finally meet some of the people Mike has been camping with for years and to get away and out of town for the weekend. Hezekiah, my car, also enjoyed the long road trip after being stuck in the garage 6 of 7 days for almost two months now. Mike also had the whole week prior to camping off from work so we celebrated his birthday by going to the Natural History Museum, getting lunch and attempting to go to an Isotopes game. Unfortunately the game didn't work out because Mike got the wrong time, but it was fun anyways. Then we spent another day working in the recording studio for an afternoon, Mike took me to Spanish and we packed and go ready for camping. It was a relatively laid back and relaxing week off for Mike, even with plenty to keep us busy.
Next week is the end of my summer Spanish class at CNM, the beginning of my last semester at UNM and the beginning of my last semester of student teaching. I cannot wait to see what student teaching at Matheson Park will have in store for me. I will be student teaching in forth grade, with a teacher who has been at this school for eight years and is a fellow UNM student, working on her graduate degree. I look forward to new adventures in forth grade and seeing what I will learn while teaching at Matheson Park Elementary School.
I believe that is all for now...more to come when the craziness of next week begins. I hope to keep up with the blog this semester, setting aside time to tell about student teaching and my last semester as an undergraduate at UNM.
Wayland for graduate school in February!
Blessings to all!
Love Julie
Yes, please do post pics of your canvas bags--they sound cute!
ReplyDelete