Sunday, January 10, 2010

Indiana

Yesterday I flew into Chicago, at a balmy 14 degrees. The White Family picked me up and we drove the two hours from the airport to their home in Granger, Indiana. We laid low last night, I taught Brenda how to knit and the boys, including John had a Nerf War. It was very exciting over here. Today we went to Granger Community Church, awesome service, great music and lots of fun. They even had a tenor sax player in the praise band. Very cool sound. Then we came home, had home made potato soup...so good. The boys, John and I played in the snow for a while this afternoon, leaving Brenda to work on her knitting. She is kinda addicted and it's only the second day she has known how to knit. Very relaxing out here, no stress and no drama. Tonight will be just hanging out at home but tomorrow Brenda and I will be going to a movie with some of her girl friends and doing some shopping while the kids are at school and John is working. Should be fun! Later in the week we will be doing ladies lunch and more snow play, other than that I have no idea what this week will bring. The boys have grown up so much. Luke, Levi and Caleb- they are great kiddos. I am so glad I got the chance to come out in the winter, yes it's freezing but it's great to get away for a while.

I am also looking forward to the coming school semester. I will be in more general education classes and will hopefully meet some new people in the field which will be nice. I can't wait to see what children's theatre will bring and having Jonathan with me to join in the excitement. I look forward to trumpet lessons with Jeff again and finally reaching that high C, choir with my new buddies that I met last semester and all the other adventures that will come this semester.

Grandma, Mom and I will go back to our Monday night dinner and all the church fun on Wednesday nights begins again next week...man I will go from no schedule to a packed one in just a day's time! Ta ta for now, from the 12 degree evening ahead in Granger!

No comments:

Post a Comment