Sunday, September 12, 2010

More New Adventures

Well school is fully underway now and things are a little hectic but all is well. My classes are generally fun and time goes quickly but there are a lot of little homework tasks that I am trying to keep up with. Sometimes I feel very unorganized and overwhelmed. It's amazing how much I have going on and how exhausted I feel at the end of the day.

I have been working on getting organized but I cannot seem to feel the success that I hope for when looking at the TO DO list in my planner. Color coating, post-its everywhere and still the feeling of confusion comes to me when I attempt to figure out what to do and when to do it. I hope this goes away soon and then I can focus more on the tasks of the day. This week will be full of fun new adventures...Ready...Set...Go!

Tomorrow I will be substituting for the first time, at Hoover Middle School in a language arts class. I am nervous because I don't really know what to expect but the teacher did say to make a list of helpful and disruptive students so that gives me a little encouragement because she realizes how difficult the job of a substitute can be. Then I will go to teach a lesson. When I make my way back home I will have to finish my homework for Wednesday because I most likely won't be able to get it done Tuesday...the trouble with having multiple things on Tuesday and Wednesday. Class Tuesday and Wednesday as usual, then off to Chaos at Sagebrush on Wednesday night...that is the bulk of the week but it does not stop there. I have plenty of side things to do and a paper to write for Friday...It will get done, just not sure when. I hope to have some down time on Saturday to recuperate from a crazy week. The days fly by when are full of so many adventures!

Meanwhile...

I have been enjoying spending some time with new friends and old friends. I have been going to House of Worship Church as I am able to work on my Spanish (it is bilingual) and making many new friends at the church. Today we went to lunch again and had some fun chatting over Chinese food. The worship team just made a CD and it is wonderful! I love listening to worship music in Spanish.

Things are great at Sagebrush. I am working with Chaos, the middle school youth group, going to weekend services and now Suzzanne and Shaun have started a small group. It's a lot of fun to be active in a church that is focused on making Christ known to the city of Albuquerque. As a whole, life is good.

Many new adventures. New friends and fun with those friends. Gloria a Dios! God is good all the time. All the time God is good. May God bless you and your family as He has blessed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment